There are plenty of drapery ideas for bedrooms that you can use to enhance the decor and make yourself more comfortable. Whether you’re aiming for something feminine, modern, or urban, the following are some ideas that you just might find rather appealing:
Hang a drapery behind your bed, even if there’s no window there. You’ll never know the difference and those who see it will assume there is a window there. It’s a fun way to create a little sensuality within the room.
- Use a drape to create a textural backdrop. You can hang a wall length drape to cover the entire wall and make the space feel larger and more palatial.
- Add a valance. This is a great look to that matches the square frame of the bed. A valance brings a touch of uniformity to the room that you’ll find genuinely comforting as it ties the decor together.
- Have twin beds? No problem, place the beds to the sides of the window, then allow the drapes to fold up behind them. This creates a symmetrical and balanced appearance that is truly delightful and refreshing.
- Incorporate patterned drapes. Hang them floor to ceiling and allow them to take up the length of the entire wall. This will help “raise” the ceiling and provide a unique visual appearance that makes the room feel many times larger.
- Use drapes to make a canopy. This is a fun way to bring a touch of romance and passion into the bedroom. You’ll feel like a queen every time you lay down to rest.
- Make a fort. Another playful way to use drapes within the bedroom is to use them to create a hideaway. By placing them along the corners of your bed and hanging them directly from the ceiling you can create a space that’s closed off from the world and gives you plenty of privacy for rest, relaxation, and of course, romance.
Of course, the drapery fabric you choose makes a big difference in the finished look. That’s why we invite you to search through our fabric selection to see just how many options are out there. And, remember, you can receive three of our freesamples to consider as you make your selection.
Are you searching for more drapery ideas for bedrooms? Contact Factory Direct Drapes and we’ll be glad to offer you some fabulous suggestions to consider for your home.